|Assistant Professor of Psychology, one (1) 1-year fixed-term positions|
|Department of Psychology|
St. Cloud State University
|St. Cloud, MN|
| Salary: Commensurate with qualifications & experience
Date of appointment: August 21, 2013
Vacancies at SCSU are contingent on university budgets and funding.
Teach 12 credits per semester. Successful candidates must be able and willing to co-teach a large-section Introduction to Psychology course and at least two (2) of the following: Research Methods, Cognitive, Theories of Personality, Sleeping and Dreaming, Psychological Disorders. Successful candidates will also assist in facilitating student growth, advising, scholarship, and some departmental committee work. More department information available at: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/psychology
Qualifications and experience:
• Must be ABD (documented, including anticipated date of Ph.D.) or have a Ph.D. from an accredited university prior to date of appointment
• Must have experience teaching at the college level
• Evidence of ability to teach and to work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
• Experience teaching a large section undergraduate course
• Area specialization in psychology appropriate to at least one of the courses listed above. (We will not consider applicants with counseling degrees.)
• Experience using instructional technology, managing large section courses, team teaching. Working with students on research is desirable.
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please follow the instructions at:
Send a letter outlining teaching experience and interests, teaching philosophy, evidence of teaching effectiveness (such as student evaluations and/or sample student learning outcome assessments), a current vita, contact information for three (3) current, professional references, and copies of graduate transcripts. Only complete applications are considered.
Applications received by July 2, 2013 will be given full consideration (but the position will remain open until filled).
Department of Psychology
Phone (320) 308-2188
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/IFO_09_11_Contract.pdf
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University is a member of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
When applying for this position, please mention you saw this ad in the APS Employment Network.
|Ad has been online since May 23, 2013|