|Assistant Professor of Psychology|
|Psychological Science and Counseling|
|Indianapolis, IN United States|
| Marian University, a Catholic Franciscan, liberal arts institution of higher education, invites qualified applications for the position of full-time, tenure track Assistant Professor of Psychology, specializing in Social and/or Personality Psychology. This position reports to the Chair of the Psychological Science and Counseling Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach 4 appropriate courses per semester in specialty areas of social and/or personality, and other undergraduate courses.
• Maintain an active program of research and/or other professional activities.
• Mentor and advise students within the major.
• Actively participate in the curriculum implementation and activities of the Psychological Science and Counseling department.
• Actively participate in faculty meetings and university service.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
• PhD in social and/or personality psychology.
• Demonstrated teaching excellence in higher education preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, collaborative, and able to work independently with colleagues throughout the university and in the community.
• Commitment to multicultural competence, best practices in teaching, high ethical standards, diversity, and community service/engagement also required.
Review of applications will begin January 1, 2017. Required application materials include a letter of application, current CV, statement of teaching philosophy, three letters of reference, and evidence of outstanding teaching and professional activities. Only complete applicant packets submitted to email@example.com will be considered.
Marian University is an EOE
When applying for this position, please mention you saw this ad in the APS Employment Network.
|Ad has been online since November 1, 2016|